Forum Notice

We have updated our Forum Rules, and moved them to a new location. Please ensure you familiarise yourself with them as soon as possible. Click Here

Reopening "Why don't they make?"...

A place where you can describe your model railway wished for items that are not currently available.
IanS

Re: Reopening "Why don't they make?"...

Post by IanS »

A one showing as 'in stock' - but no mention of shipping costs. https://www.westlondonmodels.com/
They do list an email address as well as their telephone number. Maybe worth an email enquiry?
dtb

Post by dtb »

Chops wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:05 am Thank you so much, after emailing their marketing director, I got a terse response from the formerly absent Sales Department, so will try to call them on Monday. If that fails, I will order from the stockist aforementiond. In fact, maybe I will and just save myself the aggravation. (Never mind that, they have it listed as "pre-order," whilst Hornby has it in stock. Will try to ring them up, Monday). :x

Not terribly often that first Gen, or Early Era OO pops up on the market. I have to have it. Damn the torpedos. The Hornby Rocket is a heirloom quality, so hopefully this will match it. Sam's Trains gave it a good review.
terse response, would love to know what was in that email lol
Appears Hornby fall into the pissant category of customer service which is a shame, you must have had a response from his almighty dhead Kohler himself!
Chops

Post by Chops »

Well, the short of is it I got a reply that they would call me. It is actually 2 in the morning here, and still my phone carrier could not make the connection, BUT a lovely lady with a charming British accent called and I got my order in. She tells me there is some work going on with the computer program.
RogerB

Post by RogerB »

That work on the Hornby site is just this morning. Currently down and advised time to return is 12:00 BST. R-
Young at heart. Slightly older in other parts.
bulleidboy

Post by bulleidboy »

RogerB wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:34 am That work on the Hornby site is just this morning. Currently down and advised time to return is 12:00 BST. R-
When there is a "big" announcement to be made :o
I made a huge to do list for today. I just can't figure out who's going to do it! :lol:
bulleidboy

Post by bulleidboy »

Looks like your change of gauge Roger, just got more expensive :lol:
I made a huge to do list for today. I just can't figure out who's going to do it! :lol:
RogerB

Post by RogerB »

Not if you join the club. R-
Young at heart. Slightly older in other parts.