Forum Notice

We have updated our Forum Rules, and moved them to a new location. Please ensure you familiarise yourself with them as soon as possible. Click Here

Bachmann 57xx Pannier

Post here items relating to Bachmann. Including all their subsidiary makes.
Too Tall

Bachmann 57xx Pannier

Post by Too Tall »

Hi all, I just got one of these from the auction site, at what I feel, was a nice price (will see when it arrives !)
I will give it a DC test session on a RR (as its all I have in 00 at the moment), but eventually I will want to fit it with DCC sound.
The Model number that I should be getting is 32-210 which should have an 8 pin dcc ready socket.
I have looked but can not find a YT vid or forum posting with pictures of the procedure, so wondered if anyone knows of any they can link me too please ? (predominantly want to see what room there is for decoder, speaker and stay alive if possible).
Also any recommendations for the best decoder/sound profile to get would be welcome :)
IanS

Re: Bachmann 57xx Pannier

Post by IanS »

Although you don't say what decoder you're planning on using, these guides cover the techniques:https://www.youchoos.co.uk/Index-Resour ... annPannier

It seems there are a number of models from Bachmann that fit the title so they've included them all (at the time of publishing of course).

Fitting a decoder is usually straightforward if it is 'DCC ready' the main difficulty on any 'DCC ready' loco is getting into it!
Too Tall

Post by Too Tall »

Cheers IanS :)
Yep undecided on decoder as yet, but those guides give me an idea of room available :)
Too Tall

Post by Too Tall »

It arrived today, exactly as described (which isn't always the case!) so I am a very happy camper for £55 delivered for a mint looking GWR pannier.
The box or instructions do not mention anything about a DCC socket, but Hattons "bible" says it has. Yet to open her up but no great issue if not.