Manor Class Coaching Stock

Post here items relating to Dapol.
dtb

Manor Class Coaching Stock

Post by dtb »

Just received a Dapol Manor loco 'Lydham Manor' sound fitted from Bure Valley and which is my first Western Region steam loco.

I also received 2 Bow ended Hornby Collett coaches from the TMC sale, correct me if I am wrong but they only seem to have produced a Brake 3rd and a Comp. What other coaches can I add to bulk up the rake.

I have seen some Hawksworth coaches and Bachmann Collet coaches, however the Bachmann stock have not been updated and still have the screw in tension lock coupling and I am looking for NEM fitted stock.

Thanks
Too Tall

Re: Manor Class Coaching Stock

Post by Too Tall »

May not be much help as I am finding my feet still, and I believe yours is a BR livery but:

When on passenger mainline duty, My GWR Dapol Manor will be hauling Hornby GWR Collett Suburban coaches part no.s R4874 to r4877 Inc. "A" variants, which are NEM pocket fitted. No idea if that is prototypical, but its close enough for me !

I also have some Bachmann Collett Corridors, for the branch line, not nem fitted but likely I will swap for some close mag couplings as they will stay together. I do know the 1st/3rd composites are not right, so only one is in my rake, I can live with that for now.
These are older models so less likely to be as accurate I believe.

I think both of these were also available in BR colours ?
dtb

Post by dtb »

Hi T T

Many thanks for the info.

Yes, mine is Dapol 'Lydham Manor' BR green late crest.

I have purchased 2 Hornby Bow End Collets but have done more research on your suggestions.
There are plenty of older less expensive Bachmann and Mainline coaches available which look decent though I prefer flush glazing.
Hunt couplings offer a screw in replacement coupling for these older coaches.

I received today a Dapol GWR Toplight coach in BR Maroon which I will add to the rake alongside the Colletts.

I model the Midland region usually, until our family descended on a farm B&B in Llandderfel for an Easter holiday and discovered the disused Cambrian line a field across and this peaked my interest in the GWR.

I have not been successful on finding rolling stock for the line so have ordered a Cambrian book to learn more. Here is the bridge over the River Dee, I think, can't remember the farm! We walked the line in both directions during the stay.

Too Tall

Post by Too Tall »

I had read somewhere that there are flush glazing kits available for the Bachmann coaches. But how old was the post, and if they are still available I do not know,
I believe there are some other shortcomings of the Bachmann Collets, I suppose it is down to personal preference if they are accurate enough.
One word of advice if you go looking for Bachmann ones, during their lifetime in production they started out with plastic wheels and a clip in bogies, later ones had metal wheels and screw in bogies - as I found out !
One way to get an idea is if the box inner plastic housing is clear, not white, they are generally later models, Or you can check with the seller first.

Those Dapol Toplight's do look like the business, pricey but good specs.

Looks like a good walk over the bridge :)
I would be interested in what you find out, I like to keep things reasonably accurate with rolling stock and loco pairings although I don't mind bending the rules a bit !
dtb

Post by dtb »

a few pics