Corrugating Tool And Other Tools.

Mountain Goat

Corrugating Tool And Other Tools.

Post by Mountain Goat »

Though it is designed for 7mm scale, it may also be useful for some larger scales, and that is this handy corrigator tool for making ones own corrigated sheets.

https://www.greenstuffworld.com/en/134-corrugator-tool
Last edited by Mountain Goat on Sun Jun 02, 2024 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Budget modelling in 0-16.5...
Walkingthedog

Re: Corrigating Tool.

Post by Walkingthedog »

Nice find MG and cheap. I am going to get one.
Nurse, the screens!
Mountain Goat

Re: Corrigating Tool And Other Tools.

Post by Mountain Goat »

I have one and they do work. I have only briefly tried mine on card that was part of its packet. No doubt it could be used at a push on fizzy drinks can though one would have to take care with sharp edges.
Last edited by Mountain Goat on Sun Jun 02, 2024 2:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mountain Goat

Re: Corrigating Tool And Other Tools...

Post by Mountain Goat »

https://youtu.be/0A-hLYS9RvU?si=gwje0IEHdjeleVDw

Here is another. Re-magnetizing tool. As these useful tools are not cheap, it may be etter for a club purchase where members can share, but things like this are useful for those who run older models which may need a bit of help to get them to work.
Mountain Goat

Re: Corrigating Tool And Other Tools.

Post by Mountain Goat »

I will say though that for beginners in the hobby, get the simple hand tools first. Things such as files, craft knives, mini screwdrivers, junior hack saw, pliers and cutters and things like that. The first electrically operated mini tool is always the minidrill, and after that (If one really wants to) comes the table sander).
The frequency of the times I use tools in general, I would say the basic hand tools I use the most and are the essential part of the various tasks in modelmaking along with building layouts where one needs some basic carpentry tools.

Remember that many basic tools have more than one purpose making them an investment beyond ones hobby. Ordinary screwdrivers and things like that have all sorts of uses.