Your latest acquisition

A place to chat about non railway items. Please observe the forum rules!

Re: Your latest acquisition

Post by 508035 »

This arrived this morning, currently dcc fitted but as I do not do dcc the decoder will be removed. I will have to workout the coupling heights for fitting of kadee couplers as most of the coaches and freight stock are kadee fitted.

I had to do the same thing on a Bachmann class 40 which is currently awaiting either parts or a complete new chassis and had to fit the kadee couplers below the nem pockets on both ends and think it is quite likely I would have to do that on the Lima 40.
Too Tall

Post by Too Tall »

I had already bought an as new 1st and 3rd Stanier LMS corridors to go with my "1945: Going Home" set a while back, but when a parcel/full brake also appeared at a sensible price, I put in a successful offer. I had to chase the seller up as it hadnt been despatched after a week, a further 2 days later and finally it got sent !

It turned up today:

cheshire lines

Post by cheshire lines »

Bachmann Class 108 DMU. Secondhand from e-bay, but in near mint condition.

Brian

Post by Brian »

Love the second picture. Looks so realistic. Well done :D
Image << Click the Icon to go to my website
cheshire lines

Post by cheshire lines »

Thanks.
bulleidboy

Post by bulleidboy »

I agree, great pictures. Passengers??
I made a huge to do list for today. I just can't figure out who's going to do it! :lol:
Too Tall

Post by Too Tall »

I have been on a mini spending spree of late, gathering more SH locos for my in progress layout, This one arrived today:

Sold as New ... possibly, more likely in "as new condition" might have been how I would have worded it, either way, apart from some over exuberant oiling she looks good to me. With a bit of gentle cleaning I think she will be a sweet addition. A quick test with a 9v battery has her running very smooth and quiet, I will give her a thorough going over when I fit the DCC decoder.

Quite likely I paid more than I should have, but after research, this was the Hornby production year and livery I wanted, with the 8 pin DCC socket in the tender, so to me it made sense :lol:
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

That looks a lovely model!
Budget modelling in 0-16.5...
cheshire lines

Post by cheshire lines »

bulleidboy wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 5:24 pm I agree, great pictures. Passengers??
I suppose I should, but will have to see how easy it is to remove the body from the chassis.

Maybe I could just add a crew to one end and say they're on a test run before DMUs take over the local passenger service!
Too Tall

Post by Too Tall »

Another one arrived today, I thought looks pretty good for a "Railroad" model, and TTS sound fitted too !
I did have a moment of wondering if the chip wasn't happy with my controller, but it sorted itself, so I am "chuffed" with this beauty :lol: